Jazz Jackrabbit 2 - Frolick Lane REMIX Jazz Jackrabbit 2 - Frolick Lane REMIX

There needs to be more Jazz 2 arranges, but especially more GOOD Jazz 2 arranges. This is one of them and I hope there's more where that came from.

Leikehmacher responds:

thx good sir :) i'm planning on doing more jazz in the near future, so stay tuned

Launch base panic Launch base panic

Wow. This is exactly how Launch Base should have felt like! Let's get into a serious review before I start swooning..

Well, this is a Launch Base Zone remix. But what a remix! Instrument choice is well done, every instrument and sound effect is seamless and are in harmony, despite their wide variety. This gives the Launch Base tune a very catchy effect, with a slight groovy effect, emphasized by the drums and hats, as well as the sound effects. This sets a fun and positive tone which I would have never expected to work so well with the LBZ tune. The wise use of extending the main melody instead of following the original song's sudden breaks helps with the seamless feeling and actually helps the song being even more enjoyable; since there aren't the breaks one would expect, the song surprises you and keeps your attention; and the only time a break is noticed (at 1:53), it's not a sudden song stop as in the original; it's a violin... riff? Wow. Did NOT expect that, in a good way!

My only complaints would be that the fade-out is a bit too long, and that the song, dragging itself until 4:13, is a little bit too long and repetitive, but this isn't your fault; it's LBZ's that's already repetitive by nature. Otherwise, it's very well-made and this is a seriously underrated style. I'll end this with a personal note. I often roam Newgrounds Audio and sift through the well-polished generic turds to find THE melodic pearl; and this time, it seems I've found another! Great job there, feel proud and keep it up. Have a well-deserved 5 from me.

deliverance84 responds:

Aaah man! Wow, I'm over the moon my remix got a really positive, and intelligent review! I was very surprised again to see a fantastic review, and truthfull decription, this track took a lot of work, and judging by this review, it has paid off big time. I'll be lucky to hity the jackpot and get a review like this again, kaosuKaiari, big thanks for the review bra.

Chemical Plant Elite Chemical Plant Elite

Amazing. Simply amazing.

This is very upbeat, high-speed, full of energy, perfectly balanced, and neither too long nor too short. In other words this is everything that is GOOD about club-style trance tunes; we have here the cream of the cream in Chemical Plant remixes out there, and as an added sexy bonus: it loops PERFECTLY, it's completely seamless, so one can enjoy a single 2:22 run of distilled fun, or have it as the all-day-long (or all-night-long) song of the moment.

It's hard for me to make a review without sounding completely biased, but, it's really just THAT good. This is the sound of the pros, this is what every aspiring artist on Newgrounds should look up to - myself included. Here, have a much deserved 5.

Tetris Theme Techno RmX 2 Tetris Theme Techno RmX 2

Now that's real, good, enjoyable techno. In the myriad of not-always-good Tetris remixes floating around on Newgrounds, I have to say I had FUN listening to something that sounded like this.

Professionally made, sounds squeaky clean, addictive just like the original tune, not too long and not too short. This is the stuff of nightclubs and rave parties, this is worth so much awesome it shouldn't even be free. But it is, and it's even better that way. This 5 I'm giving, it's very much deserved. This is positively awesome, and I'm not just saying that because I find it personally awesome (which I do), but because it is simply perfectly well done in every aspect possible.

I'll say it again, this is the cream of techno parties, and this is what they should play.

TastyTeo responds:

haha thanks :DDD

B4You - MegaMan SnakeMan B4You - MegaMan SnakeMan

Hey, this is actually a very good remix for once! Even though Megaman tunes are fairly popular on Newgrounds and hearing new styles and sounds is difficult (everyone and their grandmother uses the same damn samples...) ; you on the other hand, make the cut and made something both different AND good.

This sounds professionally made, and seems to have a club or dance influence to it. Love the original melody between 0:26 - 1:20 ; THIS is what I mean when I said you put something fresh and new on the table. It's still a Snake Man remix, but it also has its own soul. I can't stop listening to this over and over, finally something truly GOOD in the Megaman remixing "scene" on Newgrounds!

Power Plant Remix Power Plant Remix

I really like the concept behind this arrange. Piano intro then drops to a dance arrange - it works, very well! The instrumentation is clean, both on the piano and dance sides, and the original composition bit is much appreciated; this is a classic, by-the-book remix with a formula that always works. Though unfortunately, the song is too short to give it the justice it needs; the piano part should be an intro to a 2 to 3 minute long dance part. If only! But this is nevertheless great work.

I must note, though, that I find it surprisingly easy to listen to over and over. Maybe I'm just getting addicted to the song, but it just further confirms how it should be longer!

James Bond Silo James Bond Silo

Afraid that's stolen indeed. Goldeneye: Source OST.

Tidal surge re-remixed Tidal surge re-remixed

This piece does not deserve the low score it currently has. It's well-balanced, instrumentation is just fitting in my eyes, or should I say ears. My only complaint is... it's too damn short! But I could have it on loop for hours, honest.

Ice Cap TruMix :: DraftX Ice Cap TruMix :: DraftX

It's pretty good, though it could really use being longer! You have a potentially awesome remix here, not much else I can say other than work on it!

DJ-Sparky responds:

I'm doing so as we speak, pally! I know its short, hence why its a draft. Its the final version to the draft. My next post will be the final.

Megaman 3 (GameBoy) Title RMX Megaman 3 (GameBoy) Title RMX

Oh god.

Holy SHIT I've been seeking for a remix of this song for AGES.

Thank you. Oh god thank you. You just made my day.