no-one has to die. no-one has to die.

An absolutely fantastic game. Never would I have imagined that a 4 kb submission would be so rich in content. The game in itself is simplistic - yet, it is enjoyable and addictive, but the real show stealer is in the story. I simply have no words to describe how hooked I was, how amazing the delivery and the writing was. I cannot spoil anything, I cannot say anything - simply, if you haven't yet, PLAY IT. Play it entirely.

No-one has to die is an experience worthy of the attention of everybody on Newgrounds, and I would not be surprised if it made it on Portal History for 2013. In fact, I wish for it and I hope it will, it is one of those short, yet breath-taking experiences, one of those big surprises that you can never really forget - the kind of game that truly deserves to be part of NG's very best (and one of the reasons I love this website, might I add).

Simple, effective, addictive, it is also yet another proof that there is no need for a huge, bloated flash, cutting-edge graphics, or overly-complicated gimmicks to create something that can be ultimately summed up in one word: "Amazing".

Kass&Bryce Kass&Bryce

While I appreciate the effort, it would probably be nice if the submission was posted in English for NG users to properly appreciate the story and vote accordingly. There's a fair chance that many people who do not understand French will not vote this very fairly.

If this submission survives judgment, then all I have to say is: work on the translation anyway, fix your spelling while you're at it (as a native French speaker, I was able to notice several!). I won't comment on the artstyle much, all I have to say is that whoever is the artist needs a few lessons on anatomy. The user interface looks very bare-bones, and there is no sound - or none I was able to hear.

The story itself is extremely short and devoid of anything enjoyable - it's not fun, it's not interesting, and the plot defeats itself very quickly, leaving little point to the story at all.
If I understand the direction taken by the author, it seems to be a visual novel, or something in the same style. Has the author never played an actual VN before? Even the shortest aren't finished in all of thirty seconds. Too bad.

Sakuya Hentai Game 3D Sakuya Hentai Game 3D

How uncreative of you to steal content from someone else to make this. Not only the game, if we can call that a game at all, is bad (my gripes about it have been mentioned already: it's essentially gif pasting and an automatically filling bar), I happen to know who has made the original Sakuya models that you've reused here: it is an artist on pixiv, who goes by the name of "brightone" and who has featured sample artworks of his own game.

If nobody believes my claims that this is stolen, brightone's pixiv ID is 1652921, they can go check for themselves.

Medley Medley

Allow myself to be critical here.

In itself it's not a bad game... It's just very classic of a game - move around the paddle- sorry, the Medley bar, to catch whatever's falling. A formula that should work, a priori, since it's been used many times and is easy to pick up and play.

However, it's not without other big flaws. The music is annoying. VERY annoying. Where is the mute button? And... It's just a small commercial game to promote Medley bars.
It's very bland... just like the product itself, IMO. That's too bad, and I don't think it would deserve staying on NG for too long - it has a better chance in the bottom-page of other high visit websites, alongside the ads nobody looks at.

Pardon my cynicism on this review, s'just my $0.02 on that.

The armoury v.0.5 DEMO The armoury v.0.5 DEMO

Very good looking

Looks very good, although the MP5K has the reloading animation wrong - the charging handle is not located on the side of the weapon above the fire mode selector, but above the front handle (in front of the magazine) - it's a smaller lever of sorts that needs to be "slapped" (hence, the famous "HK slap") to be loaded.

Overall, being a firearms amateur, this is a nice and nifty little flash, and I'm looking for v1 eagerly!

Super Defense Force(Derp) Super Defense Force(Derp)

Just a quick note.

For information, "Majokko" is not the right translation for "Magical Girl". It should be "Mahou Shoujo" instead. That's the only thing I'll say, the game was pretty fine for the derpdemo it was.

AcetheSuperVillain responds:

girl says:

Magical girls (%u9B54%u6CD5%u5C11%u5973 mah%u014D sh%u014Djo?, also known as mahou shoujo or majokko). I've never heard Majokko before either, but I like the sound better.

Don't get pregnant Don't get pregnant

Saved this submission, it seems.

Apparently my vote barely saved this submission (2). This is basically some sort of shooter on the theme of pregnancy with a 5-round "condom gun". It wasn't bad, but it wasn't stellar either. Several improvements could be made:
>A bigger "magazine". 5 rounds quickly made the situation hectic as soon as sperm were getting in any significant number. I'd recommend 10 rounds for a cost of 4 points instead - mathematically it's the same but I won't have to spam the space button.
>God, get rid of that bubbling sound and put on some sort of music !
>Perhaps change the crosshairs for a dot. It makes aiming easier.

Upgrade Complete 2 Upgrade Complete 2

holy scrap

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE THOSE MEDALS. Yes. Yes I wasted my life to unlock them all. Guess what? It was totally worth it. It was totally awesome. Best game ever. Best 3 hours of my life wasted. Seriously. No really. Thanks. Great voice acting by the way.

magic defense magic defense

Another generic but good game but...

There is just one thing I don't get. Why is this rated Adults Only? Sounds like a perfectly ok game to me.

JackMan JackMan

Not a bad try

It's a nice little platformer about halloween, perhaps a little too simple. You might want to do something about the jumping feature, instead of a fixed height it should go, with a height cap, as far as I want to press the up key (for example just tapping it should allow me to do only a small jump, while pressing it all the way makes it a high jump).
No music too, you might want to consider checking the Audio Portal, there's surely something to fit the game's atmosphere. Also, please tone down the high-pitched sound you chose for the item-collection, it will get annoying to some players on the long run.
Overall it's not a bad try, you can do something good with that.

Chuckntif responds:

i added shitty gameboy music